About Me

My photo
We're a young family who have decided to blog our progress from getting an allotment to...well...wherever we end up!

Wednesday 10 June 2009

a buzz of excitement...

Plants in, Greenhouse built...now what?
BEES!!
I've always been fascinated by keeping bees so now we've got an allotment we've decided to get some. We got a flat pack from Thornes and spent a few days putting it together. I'd asked around for bees and the costs are astronomical! So, after a tip from a beek (that's the 'in speak' for bee keeper! lol!) I gave my contacts to the council and asked for them to call me if anyone reported a swarm.

They did.....
I spent a good few hours picking up a swarm and then dropped them into my Hive. At first inspection they seem to be doing well but gotta check again at the end of the week - see if we can see a queen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment